Juventus Twitter went a little bit crazy on Thursday night as La Gazzetta dello Sport reported the latest regarding the club’s pursuit of Fiorentina hitman Dusan Vlahovic.
Vlahovic will leave Florence in 2022 with several clubs from across Europe hopeful of completing a deal either in January or the summer. Premier League outfits Arsenal and Tottenham have strongly been linked with a move, as have Juventus, although it was believed that the Bianconeri would be priced out of a January transfer.
The high cost of financing a deal for Vlahovic meant that long-term alternatives were sounded out, including Sassuolo’s Gianluca Scamacca. However, the latest reports suggest that Juve have not given up their dream of securing the services of Vlahovic even as early as January.
Gazzetta’s optimistic report suggests Juventus have made an initial proposal to Fiorentina for Dusan Vlahovic
According to Gazzetta’s Fabiana Della Vale, Juventus are attempting to bring Vlahovic to the club immediately. Della Vale adds that the club have prepared an offer that includes “money and a luxury counterpart” to tempt Fiorentina into selling.
La Viola are keen to sell Vlahovic this month, but they’re reluctant to negotiate with Juventus. They’d much rather sell to an overseas club, but Vlahovic is said to be favouring a move to Juventus as opposed to north London.
Nevertheless, Fiorentina have reportedly rejected Juve’s opening proposal (per TuttoMercato Web’s Giacomo Iacobellis) of €35m plus Dejan Kulusevski, the “luxury counterpart”. The reliable Romeo Agresti (via @JuveFC) adds that he expects both Kulusevski and Vlahovic to stay at their respective clubs this month.
Fiorentina CEO Joe Barone says Juventus are yet to make an offer for Dusan Vlahovic
Was there even an offer in the first place?
Reports of Juve’s initial proposal for Vlahovic have surfaced from fairly unreliable sources and Fiorentina CEO Joe Barone has denied receiving an offer from Juventus for the 21-year-old Serbian striker.
“We’ve not received any bid from Juventus for Dusan,” Barone said (via Fabrizio Romano). “There are talks with English clubs but it should involve three parties, not two… I spoke with Dusan last week: zero answers on his future. His agents, same,” he added.
That suggests that even Fiorentina are unsure what Vlahovic’s intentions are, let alone the Italian media! Nevertheless, you can expect the speculation to swirl viciously in English and Italian news outlets up until deadline day.